25 March 2013


I was in San Francisco this weekend and had I known there was a new otter exhibit at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, I would have included that in my plans. 

I’m quite convinced there’s no animal that has quite as much fun as an otter. When I was growing up, my mom and I both loved otters. She said she wanted to be reincarnated as one, so whenever I see an otter looking like it is having the time of its life --and when do they not-- I like to think it may be my mom. 

The tagline for the sea otter exhibit is “Play.Eat.Nap.Repeat.”  Really, what more is there to life than that? The exhibit features rescued otters who can’t go back into the wild. They rotate out of the exhibit and then serve as mentors to other stranded otters at the Aquarium.  Can we have a collective “Awwwwww.” Look, the two otters below are waving "Hellllllooooooo!" Do you really have the power to resist that? 






Click here to get “Causes and Effects” delivered every day to your email inbox (the subscription link now works) or enter your email in the top right corner. 

84 down, 281 to go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment